Tiba-tiba je mood meroti datang malam Ahad kelmarin, senang nak bekfes pagi2 sebelum pergi ofis...maka meroti lah akak kerana tengok soft and terasa-rasa je manis roti ni bila Gert tunjuk kat dapurnya...So xyah cakap pjg lebar la eh...ni juga menggunakan Water Roux yang memang dah terkenal kaedahnya di kalangan peminat roti tegar...heheee...Thanks for the recipe Gert, hope you don't mind me sharing it here! Really super soft!! But I've adjusted some of the ingredients when I fully used my Bread Machine....arghhh, how lazy to follow the kneading steps...hehe
JAPANESE-STYLE SWEET BUN DOUGH
Source: Gert (My Kitchen Snippets)
Ingredients: Makes 16 buns
- 375g bread flour (* akak letak 390 gm)
- 100g plain flour
- 35g milk powder
- 75g caster sugar (*akak tambah jadi 85 gm)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 sachet (7g or 2 1/2 tsp) instant dry yeast
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 150ml (approx.) lukewarm water – adjust according (I need only 130 ml) (*I used 130 ml)
- 40g butter, cubed
- 4 tbsp Water Roux (see here)
- 1 egg + a bit of water (for egg wash the buns)
- Fit the mixer with the dough hook attachment. Sift bread flour, plain flour, milk powder, caster sugar and salt the mixing bowl. Add in the yeast and mix well. Add in the water roux and beaten egg. Turn on the mixer and slowly add in the lukewarm water until the dough form into a nice ball of dough. (You might not need all the water. I used only 130 ml of it).
- Continue to knead for 10 minutes and add in the butter. Continue to knead until all the butter is incorporated into the dough and the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Take the dough out from the mixing bowl and give it a final few kneading by hand. Form it into a round ball and let it to rise until double in size in a large greased bowl. Cover the bowl with a wet towel or cling wrap (It took me an hour to proof the dough but it all depend on the weather and environment on the day you make the bread)
- I SKIPPED STEP 1 - 3. JUST PUT THE INGREDIENTS IN BREAD MAKER AND SET "ON" FOR DOUGH.
- Punch down the dough gives it a few knead and divide the dough into 16 equal portions. The easiest way to divide is to cut the dough into 4 parts and from there divide each into another 4 portions. Form each into a ball and let it rest for another 10 minutes.
- Shape again and fill the buns with fillings. Place the buns in baking sheets that line with parchment paper. Cover the buns and let it rise until double in size (it takes another 30-40 min).
- Brush the buns with some egg wash. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.