First of all, I would like to say thanks a lot to Uncle Lee for sharing this great recipe specially from Toronto.....just loved it!!...Really soft, nice to eat, yummy and so on, which words failed to describe the taste.....walllaaaahhhh!! That's why Elvis Presley loves this cake so much, i guess! Eventhough mine was a bit crack on its surface which was my fault using that 8" tube pan, supposed to use 10" tube pan...but please..don't judge the cake by its cover...hehee....Here, I really recommend all of you; a great cook, to try out this recipe....you can count on me! Once again, thanks so very much U.Lee and now I'm inviting you to join me with your iced coffee will be ready anytime!! Also hoping that you don't mind me to share the recipe here..
Okaayy semua, akak dah terang panjang lebar pasal kek ni...sekejap je tinggal beberapa potong jek tau...jom salin resepi, akak x rajin nk translate lagi ni, later ok, boleh faham kan. Buat Mat, apa lagi...ni lah kek yang sensasi akak citer tu..hehe
ELVIS PRESLEY'S POUND CAKE
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 pound butter, softened (lebihkurang 240 gm)
- 7 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted twice, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan. (Note:- please use suggested pan for a better result)
- Thoroughly cream together sugar and butter. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in half the flour, then the whipping cream , then the other half of the flour.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Set in a COLD oven and turn heat to 350 degrees F.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes, until a sharp knife inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool thoroughly.