Kelmarin jalan2 rumah Soffieyya terberkenan dengan resepi ni, nampak cam sedap je..so malam tadi buat...fortunately, the cake turned out to be very soft and light...so nice!! Sorry Soffieyya..hope you don't mind coz the recipe was copy-pasted from your kitchen..thanx!!
250g cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
70g butter, soften at room temperature
zest of 1 orange
180g sugar (original recipe calls for 200g of sugar)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven at 180 degC. Grease or line a 8" by 4" loaf pan. (* I set 160 deg. Celcius for oven and used 6"x6" pan)
- Sift together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together yogurt, vanilla essence and orange juice.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and orange zest for 1 min. Add in sugar and beat on high speed for about 3 mins.
- Add in eggs gradually, about 1 tablespoon at a time, beat constantly for about 2 mins.
- On low speed, beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture. On medium-high speed, beat in 1/2 of the yogurt mixture.
- On low speed, beat in half of the remaining flour mixture. On high speed, beat in the remaining yogurt mixture.
- On low speed, beat in the rest of the flour mixture.
- Scrape into prepared pan and bake for 45 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.