If you're getting bored with white rice, come n join me with this Mint Rice...Telling you, while opened up my rice cooker, the smell was very nice with fresh aroma of mint...Betul2 jadi lapar...Better give it a try, nanti nyesal..hehe.. I served it with ayam ala kassim. Can also be served with roasted chicken, even better!! I found the recipe right Here. Thanks Zu!!
- 2 cups basmati rice, washed and drained
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped or mince
- 4 cups chicken stock (i used 1 chicken cube Maggie + 4 cups water)
- handful of chopped mint
- 2 tbsp olive oil (you can use butter/ghee if you want a more flavourful rice)
- Heat oil in a pot/pan.
- Add chopped/minced onion and stir fry till soft.
- Add rice and stir well. Make sure that the rice grains are well covered with oil and onion.
- Transfer rice to the rice cooker, add chicken stock and let rice cook.
- Once the rice is cook, add chopped mint and stir rice gently making sure that the mint are distributed nicely.
- Leave cooked rice for about 10-15 minutes before serving.